TNT’s Top 5
When I put any of these songs on, your best bet is to steer clear of TNT.
5. “Don’t Shake My Tree” by The Hard Lessons – This song is great to forewarn people not to fuck with me. Don’t shake my tree!
4. “Break Stuff” by Limp Bizkit – How could this not make the list?? It’s just one of those days….
3. “We Want More” by The Living End – This track could be used for any purpose or feeling, but I prefer it when I’m angry.
2. “Cyanide” by Metallica – Honestly, this entire list could have been Metallica, so at least I diversified a bit. This is my favorite track from Death Magnetic, “End of the Line” was a close second for my #2 spot.
1. “Don’t Tread On Me” by Metallica – When someone pisses me off, this is the song that goes on. I blast this song in hopes that the people surrounding me know that I’m angry and not to mess with me.
Hoverbee’s Top 5
5. “Rusty Cage” by Soundgarden – The frantic riffs and vocals of Chris Cornell make this the perfect song to blow off some serious steam. It makes me feel like I can free myself from the turmoil that caused a furious mood.
4. “N.W.O” by Ministry – Although this song is about the anger felt toward politicians, it still does the trick when I need to purge myself of an irate mood. I love the voices in the background and the intermittent long screams.
3. “Wish” by Nine Inch Nails – The driving beats and riffs are great, but I really love the lyrics of this song. It sums up how I’ve felt about certain people in my life.
2. “Surprise! You’re Dead!” by Faith No More – When in a fit of rage, I play this song and immediately begin to laugh along with Mike Patton. It’s an angry, yet fun song.
1. “Drug Against War” by KMFDM – This song makes me want to beat my head against a wall in a good way. Sounds of bombs falling, machine guns, and voices saying “kill everything, bomb the livin’ bejeebers out of those forces” are just a few of the delights in this song.
Angela’s Top 5
5. “Surfacing” by Slipknot
4. “Twist/Chi” by Korn – There is nothing like the angry guttural sounds of Jonathan Davis to cheer me up.
3. “If You Keep Losing Sleep” by Silverchair
2. “White America” by Eminem
1. “I Will Be Heard” by Hatebreed – Everytime this song comes on, be it via radio or live, I go crazy. It’s the type of song where I fear no burly six-foot something sized man in a pit; I go full force.
Mark’s Top 5
Whenever I’m in an agitated mood, my musical tastes tend to range from ‘please cheer up’ to ‘descent into madness’. Here is my list of those extremes.
5. “Steal my Sunshine” by Len – If you are a fan of the film GO, then you are familiar with this sugary pop song. It is so fluffy, light-hearted and catchy, that there is no way I can refrain from mock hip-hop dancing with a goofy grin. Another near instant remedy for my anger issues.
4. “Wish” by Nine Inch Nails – The king of untamed aggression unleashes a surprisingly rhythmic tune to aid in the fantasizing of cracking someone’s skull to, or even just to kick the shit out of a punching bag, or destroy your room. Whatever choice is made, this song matches my mood beat for stressed out, pounding beat.
3. “The Safety Dance” by Men Without Hats – The greatest New Wave era tune written, EVER! I can never stay in a bad mood when this tune comes on. It’s pretty much an instant cure for anger, I mean how could you be sad when you think about the music video, with a medieval village full of magical dancing, flutes and Safety dancing midgets? Or the whole deal being repeated almost verbatim in the Paul Shore film Bio-Dome? Yessssss.
2. “Prophecy” by Gary Numan– This is more of a mood neutralizer, taking the edge off of agitation while I wallow in complete frustration and anger, and allowing me to function while in the depths of gloom.
1. “Get to the Gone” by Static-X – #1 with a bullet, the ultimate in rag inducing (or encouraging) songs from one of the finest Evil-Disco bands around. This song has aided in inducing road rage, making frustration worse and allowing me to fully envision my aggressive fantasies of kicking in the head of whoever has pissed me off that day.
Thank You 4 the confirmation Letter. You are helping, and you don’t even know it.
Disregard that comment.
Hey, nobody mentioned Faint by Linkin Park. Don’t you turn your back on me, I don’t wanna be ignored!