TNT’s Top 5
I think it was too obvious to include her in my list, but Ke$ha definitely takes the cake.
5. “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas – Pass! We all know it’s played 24/7, but it doesn’t mean you have to listen. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to this song all the way through. I’d rather listen to nothing, which is uncharacteristic.
4. “Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum – I have never liked this song but seem to hear it constantly. Don’t you have any other songs Lady?
3. “In the End” by Linkin Park – Really, any Linkin Park song makes this list. They’re over played on the air waves because they can be played on almost any radio station. I don’t own a Linkin Park CD because I know I can turn the radio on and hear their music. This is also the reason I have never seen them live.
2. “Baba O’Riley” by The Who – I love this song, but if I have to hear it one more time I will scream. I hear it every time I put the radio on. Just once, I’d like to actually play the song from my iTunes because I miss hearing it…here’s hoping.
1. “I Kissed A Girl” by Katy Perry – God, even having to type her name makes me squirm. I really loathe Katy Perry and her music. In my opinion, she is one of the biggest posers of our time. I challenge someone to tell me that they’re her biggest fan. I will bring you down, verbally speaking of course.
***Editors Note*** I just grabbed my mail and guess what I read on the cover of this week’s Rolling Stone? Sex, God & Katy Perry- The Hard Road & Hot Times of a Fallen Angel. I’m too shocked to even comment. Ugh.
Hoverbee’s Top 5
I admit there are many songs that have been over-played and I still love them like the first time I heard them. These five are not in that category. Please, don’t get me wrong. I loved each and every one of these songs when they first came out, but to everything there is a season and it is time to let these songs go.
5. “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” by Smashing Pumpkins – This song is a vampire set to drain. Even after all these years, you’re still a rat in a cage.
4. “Under the Bridge” by The Red Hot Chili Peppers – Sometimes I feel like I don’t have the patience to listen to this song ever again. It was once both beautiful and sad. Now, it’s just sad.
3. “Interstate Love Song” by Stone Temple Pilots – Listening is the hardest thing to do. This song is dead for me; how about you?
2. “Possum Kingdom” by The Toadies – Do you want to die? Why, yes I do! I wish for a swift death every single time I hear this song.
1. “No Rain” by Blind Melon – All I can say is that this song is pretty lame. At one time, with its video starring the pudgy little bee girl, this song was an anthem for those ridiculed and abused. I don’t know what it is now except a bummer.
Angela’s Top 5
5. “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz – Did anyone else notice that he repeats everything three times in this song? Legit, three times each line. I feel like I have a stutter. Definitely can’t stand this one anymore.
4. “California Girls” by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg – I’m from the East Coast, so go fuck your Golden Coast Katy Perry. This song annoys the crap out of me. Do not tell me your coast is better, we skank harder, we mosh better and we birthed punk rock. And by the way, I will not fall in love once I party with you. Stop telling me what I’m going to do.
3. “I’m Not Afraid” by Eminem – The radio loves this one, and so, now I do not. Good for you Em, but release another single already.
2. “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha – I get it. You like to party. Thank you for giving my country the newest in trend slogans, “before I leave/brush my teeth with a bottle of jack.” Great. I’m sure lots of ‘Jersey Shore’ guidettes got themselves in prime fist pumping gear to this one all summer long.
1. “Love the Way you Lie” by Eminem ft. Rhianna – I thought this was a great song when I first heard it. I usually love his music, but enough already. At any given time I can be flipping through radio stations and at least THREE of them will be playing the song simultaneously. I’ve reached a point now where I’m just disgusted with the song; I change it instantly and yell back at the radio- telling it to either man up and set her the fuck on fire or break up already, it’s unhealthy.
Klone’s Top 5
5. “Hotel Room Service” by Pitbull – Oh, you’re talkin’ hotel, motel, Holiday Inn? So, you’re a sellout to the lowest bidder? Do they really have room service at the Holiday Inn? Do they really? And, this makes you cool, fly, or ghetto fabulous? Ok…well, you keep chillin’ at the hotel, motel, and Holiday Inn…I’ll avoid all three of those locations like the bubonic plague. But you keep rockin, or chillin, or whatever the hell it is you’re talking about. Idiots.
4. “2am” by Slightly Stoopid – Seriously, I like good reggae, but not this lame, imitation, we’re white guys who smoke herb, so we’re reggae business. There’s more to reggae than a repetative riff or horn progression. This song is SUPER LAME, BORING, and needs to die.
3. “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas – As is typical with this commercial, almost bubble-gum pop hip-hop band, this song is kinda okay the first time you hear it. Maybe it makes you move, start groovin a little…but by the 3rd, 4th, or 15 billionth time you hear it, you just want to kill someone…like the entire cast of Jersey Shore. Fist pumpers…beware!
2. “Blah Blah Blah” by Ke$ha ft. 3OH!3 – I think Jay and Silent Bob summed it up best in their diner scene in Chasing Amy:
Jay: “What the hell is it he always has us sayin’?”
Silent Bob: “Oh, uh…Snoochie Boochies.”
Jay: “Snoochie Boochies? Who the hell talks like that? That is fuckin’ baby talk!”
If only that movie was 10 – 15 years younger, they would totally be talking about this bleached blonde bonehead who spells her name with a friggin’ dollar sign ($). She must be stopped…
1.“Kids” by MGMT – I used to love it…but I had to kill it…I used to love it, but I had to kill it…I knew I’d miss it, so I had to keep it…it’s buried in my iTunes library…and we’re both happier that way.
Mark’s Top 5
5. Ke$ha – What do you get when you cross a skank with nonsensical lyrics and beats ripped off from any current top 40 “artist”? The same shit in similar packaging.
4. Anything by Lady Gaga – “Alejandro,” “Bad Romance,” “Poker Face,” “Paparazzi”…so many supposed hits…yet the four songs that are played the most…I’m not sure whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Over-hyped, overrated and now eclipsed by her inescapable jackass antics (just ask her how to make a Mets game suck more). A performance artist that has hijacked the airwaves.
3. “California Gurls” by Katy Perry– A song about girls from California? Wow…I wonder why the Beach Boys and David Lee Roth and Doctor Dre and Tupac and Incubus (etc. and so on) never did that. Extra props go to already questionably revered Snoop Dogg, for officially selling out and making an awful song that is much worse.
2. “Rude boy” by Rihanna – Proof that there is somebody actually ripping off Beyonce. The first song that actually make my ears black and blue from the audio thrashing (XM just doesn’t start quick enough). How is that song on at the same time every morning?
1. “Live Your Life” by T.I. ft. Rihanna – Did you ever notice that the only people who encourage you to not worry about money, and to be happy with what you already have are the same scumbags who have more of it than you do? How would you like this preachy and faux-philosophical dreck to be told to you every hour on the hour, on at least five radio stations at any point all day long?