TNT’s Top 5
5. “Clap For The Killers” by Street Sweeper Social – ‘Double up for them gangstas’. Such a great song, if you’ve never heard it, listen up fool.
4. “Devil’s Dance Floor” by Flogging Molly – Doesn’t matter where I am, if this tune comes on I am most certainly out of my seat.
3. “The Way We Move” by Innerpartysystem – Da-da-da-dance with me. A true definition of a hook- If I hear the first five seconds, I need to listen to the entire track.
2. “Punk Rawk Show” by MXPX – This song goes back to my mixed tape days…classic. “We ain’t got no place to go, so let’s go to the punk rawk show.”
1. “Start Wearing Purple” by Gogol Bordello – This song has been and still is my favorite Gogol Bordello track. But honestly, any track from this gypsy punk band will get you dancing.
Daniel Edward’s Top 5
5. “Take It Off” by The Donnas
4. “Danger! High Voltage” by Electric Six
3. “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior
2. “Telephone” (featuring Beyonce) by Lady GaGa
1. “Dance In My Blood” by Men Women & Children
Mark’s Top 5
5. “Gay Bar” by Electric Six – A surprisingly catchy mix of surf guitar licks, punk, metal and some disco inflections. Watch in amazement as the song visibly divides the room, as it instantly makes half of the room laugh, and the other half very uncomfortable, and even more so when you are prancing around and singing along, just to get the “point” across.
4. “Tarzan Boy” by Baltimora- It was used in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie way back in 1990…and still rules. It always makes me want to jump up and throw kicks at random people.
3. “Shots Shots Shots” by LMFAO – It’s a truly dreadful song, but even I’ll admit that it makes you want to get crunk, and flail about while drinking way more than you should.
2. “Juke Box Hero” by Foreigner- Though a shitty bar band, there is something about that amazingly ranged scratchy rock voice that always gets me up and forces me to sing along, as if I’m possessed by some lame, over animated aging rocker. But it’s still pretty awesome.
1. “Rebel Yell” by Billy Idol – The ULTIMATE fist pumping song, loved by alcoholics, lushes, preppies and all walks of bar hopping folk. Just try to sit still during the chorus.
Klone’s Top 5
5. “Whiskey In The Jar” as performed by Metallica (cover) (1998) – Originally made popular in America by import band Thin Lizzy in 1973, this traditional Irish folk song was transformed into a serious hard rock number by American metal Gods Metallica on their cover compilation album Garage, Inc. (1998). When this single exploded on the airwaves in the winter of ’98, I was working as an electrical contractor. One day on a commercial job in Paramus, NJ, building out a floor in a commercial space, hearing this song blaring over one of the on-site boom-boxes (yeah, FLASHBACK) made me jump down off a ladder and run across the active construction site windmilling my strumming arm on an air guitar and screaming the lyrics. Ironically enough, I was NOT fired for it.
4. “Dig” by Incubus (2006) – Literally revived me and brought me from my slumped, sleeping position to my feet when I saw these guys at PNC the following summer. Was so disappointed in the set list (and rather drunk from tailgating), that I passed out after the 3rd song. Had it not been for “Dig”, I would’ve missed the rest of the show. The people in the seats behind mind gasped, as they thought I had passed out for sure. LoL.
3. “Take Your Mama” by Scissor Sisters (2004) – Dancy and fun. It’s a guilty pleasure to say the least. Do it, take your mama out!
2. “Valerie” by Steve Winwood (1982) – I’m a child of the 80s (born at the tail end of ’79), and when you’re a child of the 80s, you grow up dancing to some crazy shit, although at the time, it wasn’t considered crazy. Guess that’s what you get from the decade dedicated to blow. Anyway, this song has never lost its effect on me, so when I hear it at weddings (if DJ-ed) or anywhere it would be appropriate, I tend to get my groove on.
1. “Magic Dance” by David Bowie (1986) – “I saw my baby…cryin hard as babe could cry. What could I do? My baby’s love had gone, and left my baby blue. Nobody knew…what kind of magic spell to use. Slime and snails or puppy dog tails? Thunder or lightning? And baby said…Dance, Magic Dance, Magic Dance.” You all fucking know it, so shut up…and Dance, Magic Dance, Magic Dance!
Stigz’s Top 5
5. “Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. “Tuck Me In” by Alkaline Trio
3. “Partyman” by Prince
2. “The Big Payback” by James Brown
1. “Dancin (I got the pills)” by Erick Morillo