Tina’s Top 5
5. “Company’s Comin'” by Porter Wagoner
4. “Hit the Road Jack” by Percy Mayfield
3. “Thank God I’m A Country Boy” by John Denver – “Cakes on the griddle!” haha
2. “I Walk the Line” by Johnny Cash – Gpa is a huge Cash fan, good music runs the family.
1. “Rock Around The Clock” by Bill Haley and his Comets – Grandpa’s favorite song. He always joked when he came to any concert or performance I participated in, asking when he was going to hear some “Rock Around the Clock”
Stigz’s Top 5
5. “Blueberry Hill” by Fats Domino
4. “Run Around Sue” by Dion
3. “Maybellene” by Chuck Berry – This, Dion, and Fats Domino all remind me of my pops because I can remember being a wee-lad driving around with him in the city listening to the oldies station, then 101.1 FM.
2. “Street Life” by The Crusaders
1. Anything by Sinatra….Literally anything.
Mark’s Top 5
5. “Karma Police” by Radiohead – During my freshman year of high school, my Dad became a fan of Radiohead’s album OK Computer, and let me play this tune every morning for a year straight while we talked about a dozen different subjects crammed into a five-minute ride. This memory probably means the most to me.
4. “Heartbreak Hotel” by Tones on Tail – Being that my Dad is such a big Elvis fan, this song always reminds me of him, and how much he doesn’t like this radically reworked version of an old favorite. It has sparked quite humorous and enjoyable conversations over the merits of this newer version.
3. Perfecto Presents: Ibiza by Paul Oakenfold – I always thought that because we had such radically different tastes in music, that Dad was out of the loop with anyone that I listened to. I was sorely mistaken, as he purchased this album for me because he remembered that it was one I didn’t have.
2. “Touch Me” by The Doors – Being that this is the only Doors song that I really like, it gives me a slight bonding point with my Dad when it comes to this band.
1. “Riders on the Storm” by The Doors – My Dad is a HUGE fan of both the Doors and the Lizard King himself, Jim Morrison. Although my Dad is a pretty solemn guy, I remember how excited he was when I got him a copy of The Very Best of the Doors. What makes this choice so special is that sometimes I catch my Dad pulling up in front of our house blasting this tune in his trusty Dodge Durango, rocking out to his favorite song.
Angela’s Top 5
5. “Benny and the Jets” by Elton John
4. “Barracuda” by Heart
3. “Comfortably Numb” by Pink Floyd
2. “Dirty Deeds” by AC/DC
1. The Entire White Album by The Beatles – It’s a long story but lets just say it was our main soundtrack on a 10 hour drive home from Ohio.
Dan’s Top 5
5. “We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel
4. “Rudy (Main Title)” by Jerry Goldsmith
3. Beauty and the Beast soundtrack – Oddly, it’s my dad’s favorite Disney movie and whenever I hear music from it, I think of him.
2. “Jungle Love” by The Steve Miller Band – One of my dad’s favorite shows is ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ and they play this song during a dance clip montage. Every time I hear this song I think of him cracking up to that show.
1. The Forrest Gump soundtrack – Another of his favorite movies of all time. And it has a fantastic soundtrack.