Tina’s Top 5
Disclaimer: I love Guitar Hero, but play on a level no higher than medium. My list, while still possessing some great guitar solos, could probably be mastered on easy/medium on the first try.
5. “Wango Tango” by Ted Nugent – C’mon Guitar Hero, we need more Nuge!
4. “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen – No explanation needed.
3. “Little Toy Gun” by Honey Honey – More people need to hear this song so they can fall in love with it. It’s kick ass…and was also recently featured in a Showtime commercial
2. “Red Hot Moon” by Rancid – Guitar Hero needs more punk and surf guitar, love this song.
1. “Holiday” by The Get Up Kids – The guitar slide intro is enough to gather a crowd…also made me a fan for life.
Dan’s Top 5
5. “Best of Me” by Morningwood
4. “Animal” by The Donnas – The vocal part would be just as fun as playing the guitar.
3. “Gimme Sympathy” by Metric – A lot of songs off Metric’s Fantasies would be great on Guitar Hero, but “Gimme Sympathy” is at the top of that list.
2. “Earthquakes and Sharks” by Brandtson – I love the bouncy bass line.
1. “The Church of Hot Addiction” by Cobra Starship – It’s one of my favorite songs, and would lend itself nicely to Guitar Hero.
Klone’s Top 5
Disclaimer: I only became a Guitar Hero fan at “Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock”, so I don’t know what was in versions prior to this one, nor do I know which ones have been possibly added to new editions of the game, so I present my “Wish List” for my Top 5 Songs That Should Be In Guitar Hero, allowing for the possibility that some may already be there without my knowledge.
5. “The Crowing” by Coheed & Cambria – Such a sick guitar song. So much strumming.
4. “Pisces Iscariot” by Smashing Pumpkins – The pumpkins rock…
3. “Life is a Lemon (and I Want My Money Back)” by Meatloaf – Has the rock world forgotten about Meatloaf? According to video games they have.
2. “Cut You In” by Jerry Cantrel – Before the death of Layne Staley, Jerry Cantrel released a solo CD, and this song was SICK!
1. “Hysteria” by Muse – This song single-handedly made me a Muse fan. It’s a perfect collection of sound that melds beautifully into a kick ass song.
Alex’s Top 5
5. Panic! at the Disco – Enough liquor and this band armed with witty lyrics and a burlesque nuance make it fun for anyone, especially if liquor is involved.
4. Lamb of God – We need more brutal bands on the game that is supposed to rock hard.
3. The Misfits – Come on! More Misfits! Especially “Dig Up Her Bones”…a little token but catchy as shit!
2. Alkaline Trio – Under-rated band with some catchy ass jams. Especially their older stuff.
1. Minus The Bear – Funky band that very few people know about. A jazzy stoner rock that has been lacking from the games.
Mark’s Top 5
5. BT – Believe it or not, a good portion of his songs have some pretty rocking guitar riffs and some nasty lead bass lines.
4. “Rise” by The Doves – A minimally beautiful and deceptively complex song that would be at home in Guitar Hero.
3. The Happy Mondays – A rave rock band by ways of blues, perfect fodder for the game.
2. Gary Numan – I am not sure just how many songs from Numan are on Guitar Hero, but it is certainly not enough.
1. Love and Rockets – It’s time to put ALL of these genre straddling mad men’s songs on GH, the music is certainly tricky enough.